5th suspect in Davantes robbery-slay surrenders
MANILA, Philippines—The fifth suspect in the robbery-slay of advertising executive Kristelle “Kae” Davantes turned himself in to authorities, police said Wednesday.
Jorek Evangelista surrendered through his father, and was later picked up along Cabanatuan area, National Capital Region Police Office Deputy Chief Christopher Laxa said.
Evangelista’s surrender came a day after Jomar Pepito, 23, turned himself over to Cavite Governor Juanito Victor “Jonvic” Remulla. He was later turned over to the Metro Manila police as well.
With this development, only one suspect identified as Baser Minalang remains at large.
On Tuesday, police said charges have been filed against six suspects in the killing of Davantes.
Charged with carnapping and robbery with homicide were Pepito, Evangelista, Minalang, Reggie Diel, Lloyd Benedict Enriquez and Samuel Decimo.
Davantes went missing earlier this month and was found dead in Silang, Cavite, with stab wounds in the neck.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.