outbrain
Close  

BO-PK allied brgys finally receive aid

/ 06:34 AM August 16, 2013

EIGHT barangays identified with the Bando Osmeña-Pundok Kauswagan (BO-PK) bloc received their share of last year’s financial assistance from the Cebu City government after several months.

Tejero barangay councilor Garry Lao said their barangay treasurer already collected their P5.4 million assistance from the city treasurer’s office yesterday afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT

On Mayor Michael Rama’s instructions, former councilor Jose Daluz III accompanied officials from the eight barangays to the CTO to collect the checks that replaced those issued back in January.

While the city government completed the distribution of the 2012 assistance to its 80 barangays, Rama still has no idea when he could release the 2013 assistance to these barangays worth P6.6 million each.

FEATURED STORIES

“Let’s not rush it,” was Rama’s reply when asked about the P6.6 million assistance during his noon time press conference.

An appropriation of P528 million was placed in the 2013 budget as Social Development Fund as assistance to the barangays.

The barangay captains of Tejero, Calamba, Hipodromo, Kamagayan, Kinasang-an, Labangon, Pari-an and Toong attended last Wednesday’s City Council session to seek their assistance in facilitating the release of their 2012 assistance.

Tejero barangay captain Jesselou Cadungog told the council that they were given the run-around and Mayor Rama didn’t respond to the three letters she sent to him this year asking about their assistance.

Councilor Mary Ann dels Santos, Rama’s ally in the council, told Cadungog that being a former barangay captain herself she understood their plight.

“I did not also get financial assistance from former mayor Tomas Osmeña,” said delos Santos who used to be with the Kugi Uswag Sugbu (Kusug) group of former mayor Alvin Garcia.

Delos Santos asked the eight barangay captains to instead speak directly with Rama about their concerns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Councilor Michael Ralota, who also heads the Association of Barangay Councils, said he and the eight barangay captains dropped by the mayor’s office last Wednesday morning but Rama was unavailable. Chief of Reporters Doris C. Bongcac

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bando Osmeña-Pundok Kauswagan (BO-PK)
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.