Kidnap victim released in Sulu
Colonel Andrelino Colina, commander of Task Force Zamboanga, claimed that the victim’s family paid ransom.
Colina said the task force was still trying to determine how Rojas was released in Sulu.
“But we have identified some suspects in his abduction. It’s a kidnap-for-ransom group with links to Talipao town,” Colina said.
He said Rojas’ captors belonged to the same group that kidnapped Flordeliza Ongchua and Eddie Fabella on the west coast of this city last year and early this year.
On Nov. 13, 2012, armed men stormed the house of school teacher Ongchua in the village of Labuan. She was freed more than a month later in Barangay (village) Santo Niño in Jolo.
Fabella, a businessman, was abducted in Maasin village on January 11. He was freed at the Jolo port on February 22.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.