The mayor’s agenda for Cebu City
– Make the South Road Properties productive and demand payment from its creditors;
– Strictly regulate liquor and gambling and install additional CCTVs as a crime deterrence measure;
– Pursue the expansion of the Cebu City Medical Center and put up a satellite hospital in the mountain barangay of Bonbon;
– Take advantage of the city’s harmonious relationship with the Cebu provincial government and already resolve the 93-1 issue;
– Shift to high gear the city’s “Gubat sa Basura” program to address environmental concerns;
– Empower the barangay captains to function like “little mayors”;
– Enforce the three-meter easement and implement drainage improvement programs;
– Widen interior roads to at least six meters as a disaster preparedness measure;
– Continue the concreting of roads in the mountains;
– Develop Freedom Park and Warwicks located within the Carbon Market Complex;
– Pursue the trans-axial highway project of the late vice governor Greg Sanchez and the proposed third bridge to connect Cebu City and Mactan Island;
– Come up with winnable and expedient solution to the issue of franchise taxes and the tax dues from hospitals and schools;
– Establish a housing program also for City Hall employees;
– Pursue programs on education, sports, arts and culture.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.