Fastfood diner finds wire in rice meal
HOW did a piece of wire end up in his food?
A businessman was shocked to find an inch-long electrical wire in food that he ordered from a fastfood restaurant in downtown Cebu City.
Ignacio Posas Jr., branch manager of a manpower agency, came from his office near the Plaza Independencia and decided to take his lunch at Chowking along Osmeña Boulevard yesterday noon.
Posas said he ordered Pork Chaofan which was worth P39.
Posas said that while he was chewing, he felt something hard in his mouth and later found out that it was a inch-long electric wire.
“Misangit sa akong dila, maayo nalang kay wa nako ma-tulon (It nipped my tongue. Fortunately, I didn’t swallow it),” Posas said when he visited radio dyLA station.
Posas reported the incident to the Waterfront Police Station before he went to the radio station.
Posas said he called the attention of the store’s assistant manager Cindy Omiping, who he said apologized to him.
Posas said Omiping offered to replace the food but he disagreed.
Posas said Omiping then went to the kitchen and came back with the chef.
But Posas said the chef didn’t say anything when confronted about the wire in his food.
“Igo lang milingo-lingo ang kusinero (The chef just shook his head),” he said.
Posas said Omiping then tried to explain that the wire may have come from their commissary or their supplier.
Posas said Omiping even mentioned that it was not the first case in the store but she did not elaborate.
But Posas said he told Omiping not to blame other parties because the store’s personnel must first check everything before they cook the food.
Posas said Omiping asked him for a private conference at the second floor of the restaurant where the assistant apologized repeatedly.
Posas said Omiping told him that the matter will be reported to the management.
When contacted through her cellphone, Omiping told Cebu Daily News that she could not comment further because she was still in a passenger jeepney.
Omiping, however, confirmed Posas’ complaint and that the matter was already referred to the management.
Posas said he just wanted to bring the incident to the public’s attention to avoid similar occurrences from happening in the future.
“Ang ako lang nga di na mausab ug kinahanglang limpyo ug luwas gyud ang ilang mga pagkaon (All I want is that this incident should not happen again. Their food must be clean and safe),” Posas said.