No need to demolish Serendra Two, DPWH official says in report to Roxas | Inquirer News

No need to demolish Serendra Two, DPWH official says in report to Roxas

The Two Serendra apartment building in Taguig City that was damaged by an explosion last month will once again be safe live in once repairs are finished, a public works official said yesterday.

Gilbert Reyes, head of the Department of Public Works and Highways’ Bureau of Design, said he had submitted a report to Interior Secretary Mar Roxas in which he stated that there was no need to tear down the building.

ADVERTISEMENT

“They just need to repair the ceiling, utilities and architectural features of the damaged portion,” Reyes said.

Roxas earlier said that the explosion on May 31 which killed three people may have been caused by a gas leak.

FEATURED STORIES

According to Reyes, if there were damaged gas pipes, these should also be repaired.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: blast, Explosion, Taguig City, Two Serendra
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.