PNP 10 CHECKPOINT GUIDELINES
1. Checkpoints must be well-lighted, properly identified and manned by uniformed personnel.
2. Upon approach, slow down, dim headlights and turn on cabin lights.
3. Never step out of the vehicle.
4. Lock all doors of vehicles during inspection since only visual search is allowed.
5. Never submit to physical and body search.
6. Motorists are not required to open glove compartment, trunk or bags.
7. Be courteous but firm in answering, assert your rights, have presence of mind and do not panic.
8. Keep your driver’s license and car registration handy.
9. Be ready to use your mobile phones at any time; speed dial emergency numbers.
10. Report violations immediately.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.