Missing from ‘Pablo’ now over 900–NDRRMC
MANILA, Philippines — Over 900 persons remained missing due to typhoon Pablo (international name Bopha), which battered Visayas and Mindanao more than a week ago, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Friday.
The number at 932 increased despite the rescue of 296 fishermen early this week.
Meanwhile, of the 906 who died, only 575 have been identified, the NDRRMC said.
Of the 5 million affected by the storm, over 850,000 continue to be served by the government in evacuation centers.
Nearly 150,000 houses were damaged while 60,283 others were completely destroyed.
The strongest typhoon to hit the country this year also left about P15 billion worth of damages with nearly P10 billion worth of agricultural losses.
Tropical storm “Sendong” (international name Washi), the deadliest storm to hit the country last year, killed 1,200 people.
Click here for more weather related news."
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.