Herbosa on leave after knee replacement surgery

Herbosa on leave after knee replacement surgery

/ 01:48 PM July 11, 2026
Herbosa on leave after knee replacement surgery
Health Secretary Teodoro Herbosa — INQUIRER FILES

MANILA, Philippines — Health Secretary Ted Herbosa is on sick leave following knee replacement surgery, Department of Health (DOH) spokesperson Albert Domingo confirmed on Saturday.

“Secretary Herbosa started his sick leave [on] 6 July 2026 for knee replacement surgery. The procedure went well, and he is now undergoing physical therapy and rehabilitation,” Domingo said in a Viber message to the Inquirer.

Domingo, also a DOH undersecretary, has been designated as the officer-in-charge of the agency while Herbosa remains on leave.

Article continues after this advertisement

READ: Teodoro tells DOH chief to examine Chinese scholars behind Batanes claim

FEATURED STORIES

“Designating the chief of staff as OIC is routine. It is neither a secret nor something controversial. This is the second or third time I’ve been OIC — it happens across all departments when the secretary is temporarily unavailable, and ends upon his return,” he said.

Domingo did not say how long the health secretary will remain on leave.

“The length of time depends on his recovery; so far, progress is good,” he said. /das

   

 

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

TAGS: Department of Health, Teodoro Herbosa

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our newsletter!

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

© Copyright 1997-2026 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved