Marcos should be held accountable for flood control mess – Bayan

Marcos must also be held accountable for flood control mess – Bayan

/ 04:16 PM November 21, 2025
Several business and labor groups on Sunday criticized the government’s slow progress in addressing the ongoing corruption scandal, urging President Marcos to conduct concrete actions “before the people’s patience finally runs out.”
Progressive groups Bayan Central Luzon and Karapatan Central Luzon staged a protest in Angeles City, Pampanga on Sept. 21, 2025 with participants bearing placards highlighting their calls for justice and government accountability amid the massive corruption involving ‘ghost’ flood control projects. —Screengrab from video of JOANNA ROSE AGLIBOT

MANILA, Philippines — The Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan) believes that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. must also be held accountable for the massive anomalies in flood control and other infrastructure projects.

Marcos earlier on Friday said cases against his cousin, former House Speaker and Leyte 1st District Rep. Martin Romualdez, and former House appropriations committee chair and resigned Ako Bicol party-list Rep. Zaldy Co in connection with alleged corruption were already underway.

“As chief executive and incumbent resident of Malacañang, Marcos has to be made accountable for the blatant delivery of kickbacks inside the presidential palace,” Bayan said in a statement later on Friday.

Article continues after this advertisement

“If it were genuinely pursuing accountability, the ICI would have followed not just the paper and money trail but also verified the delivery of stolen funds, packed in luggage and delivered via armored cars, to the president’s alter-egos,” it added.

FEATURED STORIES

READ: Marcos: Raps related to flood control mess now underway vs Romualdez, Co

In a video posted on his social media last Friday, Co accused Marcos of ordering P100 billion in insertions for public works for kickbacks in the 2025 national budget.

Co further alleged that he and his staff delivered suitcases of money to Romualdez and to Malacañang.

“Any recommendation to file corruption and plunder charges against top government officials without including the role of Pres. Marcos in the Malacañang kickback scandal is merely performative and intended to shield the president from prosecution,” Bayan said. /apl

Article continues after this advertisement

 

 

Article continues after this advertisement

 

 

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

 

TAGS: flood control anomalies, Marcos

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our newsletter!

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

© Copyright 1997-2026 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved