INQToday: Senator-judges can’t be asked to inhibit based on biases - Sara Duterte | Inquirer News

INQToday: Senator-judges can’t be asked to inhibit based on biases – Sara Duterte

/ 06:04 PM June 16, 2025

Sara Duterte: Senator-judges can’t be asked to inhibit based on biases | INQToday

Here’s a quick roundup of today’s top stories:

Sara Duterte: Senator-judges can’t be asked to inhibit based on biases

Vice President Sara Duterte on Monday said senator-judges on her impeachment trial should not be asked to inhibit solely because of their political biases.

Article continues after this advertisement

Duterte made the pronouncement amid calls to have some senator-judges recuse themselves from the trial, particularly those who the vice president herself endorsed during the 2025 midterm elections.

FEATURED STORIES

OVP proposed P733 million as 2026 budget, almost same as 2025 – Duterte

Vice President Sara Duterte on Monday said her office proposed a budget of P733 million for next year, basically just maintaining its current budget for 2025.

“For the 2026 budget, we submitted a proposal of P733 million, which is not far from the approximately P700 million that was given last year for the OVP,” said Duterte in a press conference in Davao City.

Claire Castro: Gov’t officials’ sharing of AI videos erodes public trust

Sharing artificial intelligence (AI)-generated content online erodes public trust, and government officials who do so must acknowledge their actions, a Palace official said on Monday.

Palace Press Officer Claire Castro issued the statement when asked for a reaction after Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa and Davao City Mayor Sebastian “Baste” Duterte shared what appeared to be an AI-generated video on Facebook.

Article continues after this advertisement

8 NCR police chiefs relieved for failure to follow 5-minute response time

Eight chiefs of police in the National Capital Region were relieved from their posts for failing to comply with the Philippine National Police’s order to respond to emergency calls within five minutes.

PNP Chief Gen. Nicolas Torre III announced on Monday the relief of the officers, warning that “more” will soon face the same disciplinary action.

Article continues after this advertisement

Dizon: Taxi driver who charged P1200 for Naia ride to lose license

The license of the taxi driver who charged a passenger P1,200 for transporting her from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia) will be revoked, according to Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Vince Dizon on Monday.

Dizon slammed the incident, emphasizing that drivers should not abuse and overcharge their services to passengers.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Close to P2/liter hike in oil prices set for June 17

As widely expected, oil companies announced a big-time pump price hike of almost P2 per liter effective Tuesday, June 17, mainly due to the escalating tension in the Middle East.

Firms announced in separate advisories that gasoline and diesel prices would climb by P1.80 per liter each, while kerosene prices will increase by a smaller P1.50 per liter.

TAGS: Claire Castro, fuel price hike, MMDA, Nicolas Torre III, OVP, Senate, Vince Dizon, VP Sara, VP Sara Duterte

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our newsletter!

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

© Copyright 1997-2025 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

This is an information message

We use cookies to enhance your experience. By continuing, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more here.