Bomb threat disrupts classes in University of Makati
MANILA, Philippines — A bomb threat disrupted classes at the University of Makati in Taguig City on Tuesday morning, according to the Southern Police District (SPD).
The SPD reported that its Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team responded to the area and found no explosive or destructive material or substance during its paneling, which was completed at around 12:49 p.m.
No other details were provided as to how the university received the bomb scare or if it was connected to a series of threats that hit other schools, government agencies, and local government units on Monday.
Among the offices and areas affected by bomb threats yesterday were the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and the Department of Science and Technology in Quezon City, the Department of Education in Bataan, and the local government of Iba, Zambales.
Earlier Tuesday, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said all bomb threats were a hoax.
“It has been determined that all of these incidents can be traced back to a single email sender named Takahiro Karasawa, who identified himself as a Japanese lawyer,” PNP said.
An initial investigation of the Anti-Cybercrime Group indicated that the bomb threats were connected to the ones that occurred in September, October, and December last year, the PNP added.