MSU bombing suspect killed in Lanao del Sur military ops – AFP
MANILA, Philippines — One of the suspects allegedly behind the Mindanao State University (MSU) bombing attack last December 3 was killed during a military operation in Lanao del Sur last month, according to the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
In a statement on Monday, AFP confirmed the death of Kadapi Mimbesa, alias “Engineer,” following a clash between the Philippine Army’s 103rd Infantry Brigade’s encounter and the Dawlah Islamiyah members in Lanao del Sur from January 25 to 26 this year.
“The efforts of the 103rd Brigade, under the leadership of their commander, Brig. Gen. Yegor Rey Barroquillo Jr, resulted in the neutralization of local terrorists and armed members of the Dawlah Islamiyah in Lanao del Sur on January 25 to 26, 2024, who were identified as perpetrators of the fatal bombing at MSU,” the AFP said.
The AFP did not specify how many were killed during the operation but reported it seized nine high-powered firearms, a bandolier, four two-way radios, and a smartphone.
For his part, the AFP chief of staff, Gen. Romeo Brawner Jr., called on the remnants of the group to surrender or “face the same fate as their dead comrades.”
“Our troops will be relentless in the pursuit of those who will seek to disturb the peace. Take this as an invitation and a call to surrender now and avoid the same fate as your dead comrades,” Brawner said.