Dela Rosa confirms talks with Bongbong Marcos regarding ICC probe
MANILA, Philippines — Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa confirmed that he talked to President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. about the International Criminal Court (ICC) during what he called a casual dinner.
In an ambush interview on Wednesday, dela Rosa disclosed that Marcos and First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos invited Philippine senators to a casual dinner on Tuesday night.
“I’m not at liberty to reveal the details of our conversation. It is a privileged communication between us. Basta tingnan niyo na lang ang mukha ko, nakangisi. ‘Yun na. Naka-smile ako,” said dela Rosa, partly in Filipino.
(I’m not at liberty to reveal the details of our conversation. It is a privileged communication between us. Just look at my face, I am smiling. That’s it. I am smiling.)
“I don’t have to reveal the details. I’m happy,” he added.
Dela Rosa previously told reporters that if given the chance, he would like to express gratitude to the President for his “strong stance against ICC and for being consistent in not allowing the international tribunal to enter Philippine jurisdiction.”
Despite Marcos’ disclosure that the Philippine government is studying its possible return under the fold of the international tribunal, dela Rosa stressed that he is holding on to the President’s promise that the ICC will not be able to touch even a single strand of his hair.