Shocking X-ray shows crucifix jammed into Peruvian child’s throat

WATCH: Shocking X-ray shows crucifix jammed into Peruvian child’s throat

/ 02:10 PM November 23, 2023

A mother was scared to death after finding out her child had swallowed a crucifix, which was successfully removed by medical staff in Peru.

Maricarmen Sajami Rosas, the child’s mother, noticed the baby was experiencing discomfort and took her to the hospital, where the staff found the object. X-ray images showed the crucifix lodged in the 10-month-old child’s esophagus.

The child was treated at the Victor Lazarte Echegaray Hospital on November 11, where she underwent an endoscopy to remove the foreign object.

READ: Peru doctors save toddler after swallowing eight needles

The child is now reported to be in good health.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

TAGS: baby, Emergency, Peru

© Copyright 1997-2024 | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.