INQToday: China reclamations ‘have come closer and closer to PH’ – Marcos
Here’s a quick roundup of today’s top stories:
China’s reclamation activities “have come closer and closer to the Philippine coastline,” President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. said.
According to him, the nearest location where China is interested in doing an alleged construction is “around 60 nautical miles” from the country’s shore. He also described the construction of the military bases as extensive.
Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) chairman Romando Artes said that Monday’s strike failed to paralyze the capital region’s public transportation system.
According to Artes, only 66 of the 686 vehicles the government prepared to help possibly stranded commuters were deployed so far.
The total number of deaths due to the magnitude 6.8 earthquake that shook Mindanao on Friday has risen to nine.
The figure is based on the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) report on Monday.
A magnitude 5.2 earthquake hit Calbiga, Samar on Monday, Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said.
It was initially reported by Phivolcs as a magnitude 5.6 tremor.
The Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) suspended the officiating crew that worked Sunday’s Commissioner’s Cup game between Magnolia and Barangay Ginebra over a missed call that marred the dying seconds of the thrilling renewal of the “Manila Clasico” at Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Deputy commissioner Eric Castro confirmed that Peter Balao, Marty Montoya, Joel Baldago and Julius Medillo were sanctioned after no foul was called on Mark Barroca when he stopped Scottie Thompson from scoring a layup in the latter part of the contest won by the Hotshots, 93-91.