In-person classes in Manila universities suspended due to transport strike
MANILA, Philippines — With the transport strike set for next week, universities in Metro Manila have announced a suspension of face-to-face classes and a shift to a distance learning modality.
Pinagkaisang Samahan ng mga Tsuper at Operators Nationwide will do a three-day nationwide strike, starting Monday, November 20, protesting the approaching deadline for the consolidation of traditional public utility jeepneys on December 31.
The following universities will shift to distance learning:
- Adamson University (Nov. 20)
- Arellano University (Nov. 20 to 22)
- Ateneo de Manila University – Schools of Education and Learning Design, Humanities, Management, Science and Engineering, and Social Sciences (Nov. 20 to 23)
- Ateneo de Manila University – Junior High School and Senior High School (Nov. 20, with modalities for succeeding days to be announced)
- Far Eastern University – Manila and Makati (Nov. 20)
- José Rizal University (Nov. 20 to 21)
- Mapúa University – Manila and Makati (Nov. 20)
- National Teachers College (Nov. 20 to 22)
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (Nov. 20 to 22)
- University of Santo Tomas (Nov. 20, with modalities for succeeding days to be announced)
- University of the East – Manila and Caloocan (Nov. 20 to 21)
- University of the Philippines – Diliman (Nov. 20 to 22)
For further details on the shift in learning modalities, visit the universities’ official pages.
Please refresh this page for updates.