Cebu Institute of Medicine grad tops October 2023 Physician Licensure Examination
MANILA, Philippines — A Cebu Institute of Medicine graduate topped the October 2023 Physician Licensure Examination, the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced on Friday evening.
Justin Riley Yap Lam topped the licensure examination with a rating of 89.00 percent, followed by Miguel Enrique Singson Roa of Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health (88.58 percent) and Sean Michael Payongayong Orbigo of Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation (88.50 percent).
Jon Michael Saluta Kimpo of the University of the Philippines-Manila ranked fourth (88.42 percent), while Tranquil Matthew Apasan Salvador IV, also from the University of the Philippines-Manila ranked fifth (88.17 percent).
The other successful examinees who made it to the Top 10 were Joed Ivan De Leon Mata, University of Santo Tomas (88.08 percent); Pauline Andrea Averia Wong, University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (88.00 percent); Jessica Mae Lacambra Garcia, University of Santo Tomas (87.92 percent); Noe Raphael Dechosa Tarrosa, University of Santo Tomas (87.92 percent); Sharon Jenny Fernandez Te, Davao Medical School Foundation (87.75 percent); Josiah Keith Florendo Domingo, University of Santo Tomas (87.42 percent) and Gaius Suplicio Garces Yu III: St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine-William H. Quasha Memorial Inc. (87.42 percent),
The top-performing schools with 50 examinees who passed the exam or at least an 80 percent overall passing percentage are as follows:
- University of the Philippines – Manila (97.62 percent)
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (97.32 percent)
- Angeles University Foundation (96.30 percent)
- Cebu Institute of Medicine (95.73 percent)
- St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine-William H. Quasha Memorial Inc. (93.13 percent)
- University of Santo Tomas (91.43 percent)
- Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health (91.16 percent)
- University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (90.59 percent)
- West Visayas State University-La Paz (89.81 percent)
- University of Cebu School of Medicine Mandaue (89.41 percent)
A total of 4,083 out of 6,456 examinees passed the licensure exam administered by the Board of Medicine headed by Dr. Godofreda V. Dalmacion. The exam was conducted on October 20 to 21 and 27 to 28, 2023, at testing centers in Manila, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, and Zamboanga.