Distance learning honor grads exempted from gov't job exams

Distance learning honor grads exempted from gov’t job exams – CHED

/ 03:12 PM November 03, 2023

Distance learning honor grads exempted from gov't job exams - CHED

Online class (Inquirer stock photo)

MANILA, Philippines — Graduates of open distance learning (ODL) programs who have earned Cum laude, Magna cum laude, and Summa cum laude awards may submit their applications to Civil Service Commission (CSC) if they want to work in government.

The graduates can cite the Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE) program.


Under HGE, students who graduate with Latin honors will immediately be absorbed in public service without undergoing the examination.


The commission approved the decision on this matter in July through CSC Resolution Number 2300615.

The ruling was published in October, and it took effect on Thursday.

According to CSC chairperson Karlo Nograles, this recognizes that digitalization is key in nurturing the quality of studies and in training new civil servants.

READ: CSC reminds gov’t agencies to have mental health programs

“By including honor graduates from open distance learning in the coverage of HGE, we recognize the role of digitalization in ushering progressive development in academic standards and honing future-ready civil servants,” Nograles said.

ODL program graduate applicants who want to avail of HGE must have the following qualifications:

Graduated from the school year 2015–2016 and onwards.


Graduated with a Summa cum laude, Magna cum laude, or Cum laude citation in their bachelor’s degree through ODL, regardless of years of completion

READ: CSC schedules foreign service officer exam for January 28, 2024

Graduated from an open university, college, or institution recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as a degree-granting Higher Education Institution.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

The university, college, or university must also hold a minimum Level III accreditation or its CHED equivalent for the programs offered through the conventional classroom or traditional learning mode.

TAGS: Ched, Education, Honor

© Copyright 1997-2024 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.