Power plants in normal operation during Oct. 30 polls – NGCP, DOE
MANILA, Philippines — Power plants nationwide were in normal operation on Monday during the barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections, despite supply interruptions and technical issues in some areas.
“As of October 30, 2023 at 1100H, all power generation plants are in NORMAL OPERATION,” the DOE said in a report posted on its Facebook account.
Several generation plants, however, had some technical issues and supply interruptions, namely:
- Ilijan plant and Southwest Luzon Power Generation Corp. Unit 1 in Batangas
- Trans-Asia Renewable Energy Corp. in Guimaras
- Panay Diesel-Fired Power Plant (DPP) in Iloilo
- Panay DPP III (Echo Unit) in Iloilo, Pagbilao Unit III in Quezon
- Palinpinon GPP in Negros Oriental
Despite the plant outages, DOE assured that the NGCP has a sufficient level of supply and reserves in all of its grids.