Pagasa issues flood alert in 4 Mindanao regions
MANILA, Philippines — The state weather bureau has warned of possible flooding in four regions in Mindanao due to rains triggered by the intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ).
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa), said the following rivers and tributaries may be affected by light to moderate rains.
Barmm (Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao)
- Maguindanao – Nituan, Mindanao, Dalican, Allah, Buluan, Matuber, Mlang and Lower Mlang
- Lanao Del Sur – Dapao and Matling
Region 9 – Zamboanga Peninsula
- Zamboanga Del Norte – Daro-Dapitan, Dipolog, Dicayas, Golio Duwait, Sindangan, Ingin (Maras), Palandoc, Mucas, Patawag, Quipit, Siocon, Piacan, Anungan, Pangamiran and Sibuco
- Zamboanga Del Sur – Kumalarang, Tupilac, Labangan, Tumaga and Mapangi
- Zamboanga Sibugay – Taguiti, Tigbao, Liguian, Sanito, Bakalan, Kabasalan and Sibuguey
Region 11 – Davao Region
- Davao Del Sur – Davao, Lasang, Bunawan, Matina, Talomo, Lipadas, Tagulaya Sibulan, Digos, and Padada Mainit
- Davao Del Norte – Tagum-Libuganon, Tuganay, and Saug
- Davao Occidental – Panglan, Malita, Batanan Lais, Lawan, Latuan, Calian, Lamita, Lawayon, Culama, Caburan Bi, Maubio, Karabana, Tubayo, Kayapung, Malala, Capisolo, Tanoman Bi, Tanoman Smal, Kalbay, Butua, Nuin, Butula, Baki, Malagupo, Balagona, Batulaki
- Davao Oriental – Cateel, Dapnan, Baganga Mahan-ub, Manorigao, Caraga, Casaunan, Quinonoan, Bagwan, Mayo, Bitanayan, Sumlog, Tangmoan, Dacongbonwa, Kabasagan, Manay, Maya and Sumlao/Cuabo
- Davao De Oro – Matiao and Hijo.
Region 12 (Soccsksargen)
- North Cotabato – Libungan, Malasila, Toliman-Dunakling, Maridagao, Kabacan, Muleta, Arakan, Kulaman, Upper Mlang and Pulangi
- Sarangani – Kalaong, Buayan-Malungon, Lun Padido, Lun Masla and Glan
- Sultan Kudarat – Tian and Kraan.
- South Cotabato – Siquil, Makar and Banga
Pagasa also advised people living in or near mountainous and the low-lying areas to be on alert and take precautionary measures.
Click here for more weather related news.