BFP: Fire in residential area in Quezon City injures 7
MANILA, Philippines — Seven people, including three firefighters, were hurt after a fire razed a residential area in Barangay Culiat, Quezon City, the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said.
In an incident report issued Monday, BFP said the fire broke out at Vargas Lane on Visayas Avenue at 9 p.m. on Sunday, August 27. It quickly spread and reached the fifth alarm at 10:13 p.m.
Firefighters declared the fire under control at 12:22 a.m. on August 28 while fire out was announced at 2:56 a.m.
The bureau likewise indicated that around 50 houses were affected by the fire.
The three BFP officials hurt during the fire were:
- Fire inspector Miles Valdez, sustained 2nd degree burn on right middle finger
- Senior Fire Officer 3 Renato Roque, 46, sustained 2nd degree burn on right index finger
- Fire Officer 1 Ronnie Racuyal, 37 sustained puncture wound on left middle finger
Four others who were also injured:
- Lodovico Zamora, 52, sustained abrasion on right ankle
- Lerme Lumbay, 45, sustained laceration on right foot
- Michael Catapat, 21, sustained multiple laceration right foot and left palm
- Raymond Bacatan,32, sustained laceration on posterior left ankle
Meanwhile, three other individuals have also experienced panic attack and difficulty of breathing:
- Jonna Oliva, 18, difficulty of breathing and panic attack
- Narciso Elardo, 63, panic attack
- Fire Officer 1 Jade Medrano, 34, difficulty of breathing
The BFP said no fatalities were recorded. The bureau has also yet to identify what caused the fire.