Pagasa: Rainy Tuesday in western Luzon; cloudy in the rest of PH
MANILA, Philippines — Overcast skies and scattered rain showers will prevail in western parts of Luzon on Tuesday, while the rest of the country will experience cloudy weather due to the effects of southwest monsoon or “habagat,” according to the state weather bureau.
In its morning forecast, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said habagat would continue to affect the western parts of Luzon, including Metro Manila.
“Para sa magiging lagay ng panahon ngayong araw, maulap na kalangitan at mataas din yung tsansa ng pag-ulan pagkidlat at pagkulog dito sa western section ng Luzon particular sa Metro Manila, Zambales, Bataan, Cavite, Batangas, at Mimaropa (Mindoro Oriental and Occidental, Marinduque, Romblon, and Palawan),” weather specialist Grace Castañeda said.
(For today’s weather conditions, cloudy skies with a high chance of rain, lightning, and thunder will occur here in the western section of Luzon, particularly in Metro Manila, Zambales, Bataan, Cavite, Batangas, and Mimaropa.)
Castañeda added that cloudy skies with chances of thunderstorms are expected in the rest of the country, especially from afternoon to evening.
Meanwhile, she noted that no gale warning has been raised in the country’s seaboards.
Below is the forecast temperature range in key cities or areas for Tuesday:
- Metro Manila: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 17 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 26 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 22 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius