Int'l tourist arrivals in PH surpass 3 million from Jan-July 2023 | Inquirer News

Int’l tourist arrivals in PH surpass 3 million from Jan-July 2023

/ 09:31 PM July 19, 2023

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Tourism (DOT) on Wednesday said it has already recorded a total of 3,000,079 international visitors from January 1 to July 19, 2023, with inbound receipts 502.2 percent higher than the same period in the previous year’s.

According to the DOT in a statement, the country’s inbound tourism revenue climbed to P212,467,522,100.14, which is 502.02 percent higher than the P35,292,495,457.14 tourism revenue generated from January to July in 2022.

“We are glad to report that in roughly seven months, we have already achieved the 3 million international visitor arrivals mark, reflecting continued robust recovery and the gains of the Marcos Administration towards the resurgence of Philippine tourism, ” Tourism Secretary Christina Garcia Frasco said.


Of the tourism revenue figures, 91.36 percent, or 2,740,802 were foreign tourists, while the remaining 8.64 percent, or 259,277 were overseas Filipinos.


South Korea had the most number of international visitors for the Philippines with 741,658 or 24.72 percent, followed by the US with 550,569 or 18.35 percent, Australia with 146,062 or 4.87 percent, Japan with 143,227 or 4.77 percent, Canada with 132,018 or 4.40 percent.

Meanwhile, other visitors came from China with 129,077 or 4.30 percent of the total, Taiwan with 104,211 or 3.47 percent, United Kingdom with 85,847 or 2.86 percent, Singapore with 81,656 or 2.72 percent and Malaysia with 54,411 or 1.81 percent.

– Lei Ivana, trainee


Over1.4M foreign tourists arrived as of April 5 — DOT

1.15 million international tourist arrivals in Q1 2023

DOT breaches tourism target with 2.65M arrivals in 2022

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

TAGS: foreign tourist arrivals, Tourism, Tourist

© Copyright 1997-2024 | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.