PNP: Nartatez is acting NCRPO chief
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police – Public Information Office (PNP-PIO) on Friday confirmed that Brig. Gen. Jose Melencio Corpus Nartatez Jr. has been appointed acting director of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), replacing Maj. Gen. Edgar Alan Okubo who was assigned to head Directorate for Police Community Relations.
Other movements within the PNP which were originally deferred have been implemented,
The other reassigned officials are the following:
- Brig. Gen. Ronald Oliver Lee, acting director for PNP Human Resources and Doctrine Development
- Brig. Gen. Samuel Camarista Nacion, acting director for Philippine National Police Academy
- Brig. Gen. Alan Molintas Nazarro, director, PNP Highway Patrol Group
The PNP-PIO said the turnover ceremonies took place at the PNP Multi-Purpose Center in Camp Crame, Quezon City. It was presided over by Lt. Gen. Michael John Dubria, acting deputy PNP chief for operations.
“In his speech, PLTGen Dubria acknowledged and expressed his heartfelt appreciation to the outgoing directors for their unwavering commitment and dedication to duty. Their tireless efforts have undoubtedly contributed to the success and accomplishments of their respective directorates,” the PNP-PIO said.
“Simultaneously, PLTGen DUBRIA extended a warm welcome to the incoming directors, recognizing their outstanding qualifications, leadership abilities, and dedication to the principles that guide the organization. He congratulated them on their well-deserved appointments and expressed full confidence in their ability to lead their respective directorates toward greater heights of excellence,” added the PNP-PIO.
Other officials were also assigned to their respective offices:
- Directorate for Intelligence (DI): Maj. Gen. Jon Arnaldo
- Directorate for Logistics (DL): Maj. Gen. Mario Reyes
- Directorate for Police Community Relations (DPCR): Maj. Gen. Edgar Alan Okubo
- Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management (DIDM): Maj. Gen. Eric Noble
Last June 27, there were reports that PNP officials would be designated to different offices as part of PNP chief Gen. Benjamin Acorda Jr.’s directive.
Interior Secretary Benjamin Abalos Jr., however, denied the reshuffle saying that such movements would have to go through the right processes — specifically, being approved by the National Police Commission (Napolcom) first, before being transmitted to President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.