DOH: COVID-19 alert level system still being discussed
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health (DOH) warns the public to avoid spreading false information about the alert level system.
According to DOH on Wednesday, the IATF is currently looking into the matter.
“The Department clarifies that the current Alert Level System (ALS) is still being discussed through the IATF, and the DOH has previously recommended that these alert levels be similar to typhoon warnings and a guidance system in the future,” said the DOH.
“At present, Metro Manila is still under Alert Level 1, which means restrictions remain to be in the status quo,” it added.
Alert Level 1 is the laxest restrictive level under the alert level system for COVID-19, with no specific restrictions based on age and comorbidities.
IATF resolution on April 22 showed that alert level 1 had been retained in several areas, including Metro Manila and alert level 2 in 26 provinces.
The said areas have been under the same alert level since June 2022.
“The ALS continues to provide guidance for every Filipino through the IATF recommendations sent to the office of the President, this is so that each may equip themselves with better layers of protection against COVID-19,” said the DOH.
“In addition, local government units have the jurisdiction to require certain health protocols in their communities through a local ordinance,” it added.
According to the DOH, the public must be mindful of the information about COVID-19 and only use reputable sources, including the DOH’s official channels, other national government agencies, and known news outlets.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.