Heat indices in key cities stay below 40°C, not to exceed 37°C throughout PH — Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — The country can expect heat indices of 26 to 37°C in key cities on Tuesday, a welcome figure after the last four days of scorching 40°C indices.
According to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration’s (Pagasa) five-day forecast, Iloilo can expect the highest heat index of the day at 37°C.
This is followed by 36°C indices in Butuan City, Cabanatuan City, Muñoz City, Cotabato City, Dagupan City, Davao City, Dipolog City, General Santos City, and Cavite City.
While this is a refreshing break from the string of over 40°C indices that hit the country the last few days, temperatures of 33-37°C still fall under the Extreme Caution on Pagasa’s heat index chart.
“Heat cramps and heat exhaustion are possible. Continuing activity could lead to heat stroke,” warned the weather authority on its heat index explainer.
Forecast temperature range in key cities / areas on Tuesday are as follows:
- Metro Manila: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 18 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 23 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 27 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 22 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 28 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 27 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.