Hot and clear weather, isolated rain to prevail in PH on Good Friday – Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — Hot weather and isolated rain showers will prevail over the country on Good Friday due to the ridge of high-pressure area and easterlies, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
“Itong dalawang weather system ay patuloy na magbibigay, bukod sa maganda at maaliwalas na panahon, mainit na panahon ang inaasahan pa rin natin sa bansa sa susunod na 24 oras,” state weather specialist Aldczar Aurelio said during a late Thursday afternoon Pagasa public weather forecast.
(The two weather systems will continue to bring not just fair weather but also hot weather in the country for the next 24 hours.)
He also warned Metro Manila dwellers of the looming hot temperature in the region, which may hit 23 to 34 degrees Celsius.
Aurelio then reported that other key cities and areas around the country would experience the following temperature ranges on Friday:
- Baguio – 16 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Laoag – 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao – 22 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi – 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa – 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay – 20 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands – 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo – 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cebu – 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban – 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro – 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga – 23 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao – 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
Isolated rain across the archipelago is likewise possible on Friday, Aurelio said, especially in the eastern portion of Luzon due to localized thunderstorms.
LPA entering PH soon
As for the low-pressure area (LPA) that is still outside the Philippine area of responsibility (PAR) on Thursday, Aurelio said it will likely enter PAR by Sunday next week and become a tropical cyclone.
Currently, however, the LPA is some 1,695 kilometers east of Mindanao and has not affected the country in any way.
“Posibleng pumasok ito pagdating ng Sunday next week. May tsansa ito na maging bagyo dahil nasa dagat itong LPA,” he said.
(It may enter by Sunday next week. There’s a chance that it may turn into a tropical cyclone because the LPA is over the sea.)
Click here for more weather related news.