Lamentillo, Clavano named top gov’t spokespersons
MANILA, Philippines–Anna Mae Lamentillo of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has been named the top government spokesperson in the Philippines, according to the results of the “Top Gov’t Spokesperson Performance Review” conducted by RP- Mission and Development Foundation Inc. (RPMD).
Lamentillo received an 89 percent performance rating in the nationwide survey, which was held from February 25 to March 8, 2023. Mico Clavano of the Department of Justice ranked second with an 87 percent score, while Daphne Oseña-Paez of the Presidential Communications Office (PCO) came in third with an 85 percent grade.
The survey aimed to evaluate the performance of government spokespersons in communicating with the public, a crucial responsibility for these officials. RPMD Executive Director Dr. Paul Martinez emphasized the importance of effective spokespersons in maintaining the reputation of government agencies.
Other top performers in the survey included Goddess Hope Libiran of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) with an 84 percent approval rating (4th), and Cesar Chavez of the Department of Transportation (DOTr) with an 82 percent job satisfaction rating (5th).
Here are the other top performers in the survey:
6. Marge Gutierrez of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) with 81% rating
7. Beverly Ho of the Department of Health (DOH) with 80% rating
8. Mike Poa of the Department of Education (DepEd) with 78% rating
9. Reynaldo Munsayac of the Office of the Vice President (OVP) with 76% rating
10 Edu Punay of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) with 75% rating
11. Tony Lambino of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) with 73% rating
12. Toby Nebrida of the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) with 70% rating
13. Kristine Evangelista of the Department of Agriculture (DA) with 68% rating
14. Jean Fajardo of the Philippine National Police (PNP) with 65% rating
15. Medel Aguilar of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) with 63% rating
16. Armando Balilio of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) with 60% rating
17. Jonas Leones of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) with 58% rating
The RPMD national poll “Boses ng Bayan” conducted the “Top Gov’t Spokesperson Performance Review” from February 25 to March 8, 2023.
The survey had a total of 10,000 adult respondents, all registered voters, and was held in each city in each region. The selection of respondents was done randomly and proportionally distributed based on official voting population statistics. The poll has a margin of error of +/-1% and a 95% confidence level.