Rainshowers expected over Batanes, Babuyan islands despite looming end of ‘amihan’ season
MANILA, Philippines — The end of the northeast monsoon or “amihan” season is approaching, but it will still bring isolated rain showers to Batanes and Babuyan Islands, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said Monday morning.
Pagasa weather specialist Obet Badrina said the coming week may see the end of the northeast monsoon season and soon usher in warmer weather in the country.
“Posible na ngayong linggo ay mag-terminate o matapos na itong panahon ng northeast monsoon o ‘hanging amihan,’” he said in an early morning forecast.
(It’s possible that the northeast monsoon or “hanging amihan” season will end this week.)
He also noted that there is minimal chance of a tropical cyclone hitting the country this week.
Easterlies and localized thunderstorms, meanwhile, will bring light to moderate isolated rains across the archipelago, including Metro Manila, Badrina added.
Forecast temperature range in key cities / areas on Monday
- Metro Manila — 23 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 15 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 23 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 23 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 21 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.