Pagasa: Generally fair Friday weather nationwide
MANILA, Philippines — Generally fair weather with possible isolated rain showers is expected nationwide on Friday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration.
Pagasa weather specialist Patrick Del Mundo said that no weather disturbance was spotted in and around the Philippine area of responsibility.
“Kaya naman in the next five days ay mababa pa rin ang tsansa na magkaroon ng bagyo o sama ng panahon na makakaapketo sa ating kalupuan,” Del Mundo said.
(There is a low chance that a tropical cyclone will develop and affect the country in the next five days.)
Del Mundo added that the rest of the country will experience generally fair weather, but cloudy skies and scattered rains are expected in parts of Luzon due to the northeast monsoon or “amihan.”
He added that localized thunderstorms would affect parts of Visayas and Mindanao.
Meanwhile, the state weather bureau warned fishermen along with operators and crew members of small vessels of rough sea conditions in parts of Luzon.
Gale warnings were raised over Batanes, Babuyan Islands, Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, Quezon, Polillo Islands, Ilocos Norte, Oriental Mindoro, Eastern coast of Palawan, Calamian, Cagayancillo, Kalayaan Islands, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Albay, Sorsogon, Marinduque, Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Siargao del Norte, Siargao, and Bucas Grande Islands.
Forecast temperature range in key cities / areas on Friday
- Metro Manila: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 14 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 21 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 20 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 21 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.