Pagasa: LPA, ‘amihan’ to trigger rains in parts of PH
MANILA, Philippines — An approaching low-pressure area (LPA) will trigger rains in the Visayas, Mindanao, Romblon, Albay, Sorsogon and Masbate, on Thursday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
The LPA, however, is expected to dissipate by Friday, the state weather bureau reported.
“As of 3 in the morning ay lumapit pa itong low pressure area sa Davao region, 245 kilometers east southeast of Davao City, pero mababa pa rin ang tsansa na maging tropical depression sa susunod na dalawang araw at ngayong araw ay unti-unti pa itong lalapit sa kalupaan at bukas ay baka lumapit pa sa Soccsksargen at malusaw na lamang,” said Pagasa weather specialist Benison Estreja.
(As of 3 in the morning, the low pressure area was approaching the Davao Region, 245 kilometers east southeast of Davao City, but the chances of it becoming a tropical depression in the next two days are low. Today, it will slowly approach landmass and tomorrow it may approach the Soccsksargen region and eventually dissipate).
Meanwhile, Cagayan Valley, the Cordillera Administrative Region, Bicol region, Aurora, Laguna, Quezon, Marinduque, and Oriental Mindoro will have cloudy skies and rains due to the northeast monsoon or “amihan”, said Pagasa.
Due to the strong winds of the northeast monsoon, Pagasa issued a gale warning over the following areas: Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan, Zambales, Bataan, Cavite, Batangas, Occidental Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, and Palawan.
Fishermen, as well as crew members and operators of small vessels are advised against setting sail due to rough sea conditions.
Forecast temperature in key cities / areas on Thursday
- Metro Manila: 21 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 13 to 22 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 17 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 18 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 18 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.