1st cholera death in 2023 recorded in Negros Occidental
BACOLOD CITY — A 74-year-old man from Barangay Patag, Silay City, Negros Occidental, was the first to die of cholera in the province in 2023.
The man was admitted Jan. 12 at a hospital and died the next day, according to Dr. Ernell Tumimbang, Negros Occidental Provincial Health Officer on Thursday, Jan. 19.
“It means he was severely dehydrated when he arrived at the hospital,” he said.
Tumimbang said a test would be conducted on the water source of the deceased.
Last year, three persons died of cholera in Silay City, as well as EB Magalona and Murcia towns in Negros Occidental.
Cholera, sign of inequity, rising in PH with cases up by 254%
24 cholera cases logged in Negros Occidental | Inquirer News
Negros cities, town watched for cholera spike | Cebu Daily News
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.