Easterlies to bring rain in PH on Sunday — Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — Rain is expected to prevail throughout the country on Sunday due to the influence of the easterlies, said the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
“As early as this morning may mga pagulan na po sa silangang parte ng Luzon dahil na po ‘yan sa easterlies, mataas na ang tiyansa ng pagulan dito sa may eastern coast ng Isabela, pababa ng Aurora, as well as Quezon Province, Laguna, Rizal and Camarines Norte,” said Pagasa weather specialist Benison Estareja.
(As early as this morning, it has been raining in the eastern part of Luzon because of the easterlies, and there is a high chance of rain here on the eastern coast of Isabela, down to Aurora, as well as Quezon Province, Laguna, Rizal, and Camarines Norte.)
“Pagsapit ng tanghali magkakaroon na rin po ng pagulan ang malaking bahagi ng Bicol Region, Marinduque, Quezon Province,” he added.
(By noon, large parts of the Bicol Region, Marinduque, Quezon Province will also experience rain.)
Metro Manila will also have high chances of rain until the evening, along with nearby provinces Cavite and Bulacan.
The influence of the easterlies will also bring rain over the entire Visayas and Mindanao.
Despite the forecast chances of rain, no typhoons or low-pressure areas are currently being monitored by Pagasa within or outside the Philippine area of responsibility, according to Torres.
But a gale warning is raised over extreme northern Luzon, specifically, the seaboards of Batanes, the Northern Coast of Cagayan including Babuyan Island, Northern Coast of Ilocos Norte.
The state weather bureau said the temperature range in key cities/areas across the country for Sunday will be:
- Metro Manila: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 17 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 22 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 22 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 22 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.