DBM okays release of P4.1 billion for 4 million non-4Ps beneficiaries of DSWD
MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) has approved the release of P4.1 billion, which will cover cash aid for 4 million non-recipients of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
DBM Secretary Amenah Pangandaman said the 4 million non-4Ps beneficiaries identified by the DSWD would each receive P500 per month for two months, or a total of P1,000, in a bid to help them cushion the impact of inflation.
A Special Allotment Release Order released the P4.1 billion.
“This is good news, especially for the most vulnerable households, who will be the beneficiaries of the second tranche of the [Targeted Cash Transfer] Program,” Pangandaman said in a statement Tuesday.
“Sila iyong mga kababayan natin na lubhang naapektuhan ng pagtaas ng gasolina at iba pang bilihin. We want them to know and feel that their government is here for them. We are ready to help them,” she added.
(They are our citizens who are severely affected by the increase in prices of gas and other commodities.)
Pangandaman assured beneficiaries that the DBM would continue to support programs that will help Filipinos, especially in times of need.
“Sa kabila po ng pandemya at pagtaas ng presyo ng mga bilihin, patunay po ang ayudang ito na hindi po kayo pinababayaan ng gobyerno sa panahong kayo ay nangangailangan,” she said.
(Despite the pandemic and increased prices of goods, this cash aid program proves that your government is not neglecting you during this time of need.)
The Department of Finance requested the immediate release of the fund to address the impact of inflation on Filipinos, especially those in the most vulnerable sectors.
Before this, P6.2 billion had already been released to the DSWD to cover the cash aid for 4 million 4Ps beneficiaries and 2 million social pension recipients for two months. — Andy Hoo, INQUIRER.net trainee