4.7 magnitude quake hits Ilocos Sur
MANILA, Philippines — A magnitude 4.7 earthquake hit Ilocos Sur on Sunday afternoon, said the Philippine Institute of Seismology and Volcanology (Phivolcs).
According to Phivolcs, the epicenter of the quake was located 5 kilometers northeast of Cabugao, Ilocos Sur.
This aftershock was tectonic in origin and was recorded at exactly 1:49 p.m. with a depth of 2 kilometers.
Phivolcs also tagged the quake as an aftershock of the magnitude 7.0 quake that hit the province of Abra on Wednesday.
“This is an aftershock of the 27 July 2022 M7.0 Northwestern Luzon Earthquake,” said Phivolcs.
- Intensity IV- Sinait, Ilocos Sur
- Intensity III- Bantay, Ilocos Sur; Batac and Dingras, Ilocos Norte
- Intensity II- Bacarra, Ilocos Norte
- Meanwhile, instrumental intensities were also recorded in the following areas:
- Intensity IV – Sinait, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
- Intensity III – Laoag City, Ilocos Norte
- Intensity II – Peñablanca, Cagayan; Pasuquin, Ilocos Norte
Phivolcs assured that this earthquake is not expected to cause damage or aftershocks.