1.3M new voters register for SK, barangay elections — Comelec
MANILA, Philippines — Around 1.3 million individuals have registered as new voters so far, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) reported on Sunday.
Comelec acting spokesperson John Rex Laudiangco shared the development as they prepare for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections slated on December 5.
According to Laudiangco, there are a total of 1,307,593 new registered voters as of July 15.
Of the new registrants, 863,078 are aged 15 to 17; 435,266 are aged 18 to 30; and 72,249 are aged 31 and above.
Voter registration for the Barangay and SK elections commenced on July 4 and will end on July 23.
The registration period is from July 4 to 23, Mondays to Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Meanwhile, the following are the number of other voter’s applications:
- Applications for Transfer from Other Cities/Municipalities: 227,203 (barangay), 2,655 (SK)
- Applications for Transfer from within the same City/Municipality: 58,691 (barangay) + 559 (SK)
- Applications for Transfer with Reactivation: 9,532
- Applications for Transfer with Reactivation and Correction of Entries: 3,492
- Applications for Transfer with Correction of Entries: 11,927
- Applications for Reactivation: 61,751
- Applications for Reactivation with Correction of Entries: 14,495
- Applications for Change of Names/Correction of Entries: 40,450
- Applications for Inclusion of Record in the Book of Voters: 59
- Applications for Reinstatement of Name in the List of Voters: 23
- Applications for Transfer from Overseas Voting to Local: 3,842
The Comelec processed a total of 1,805,272 applications as of July 15.