Boy dies after electrocution in Samar | Inquirer News

Boy dies after electrocution in Samar

Calbayog, Samar

Samar map

TACLOBAN CITY—A 6-year-old boy died Wednesday after being electrocuted in Catbalogan City, Samar.

Dion Ace Mosende was swimming with friends in a river in Barangay Payao, when he stepped on a live wire that may have been cut accidentally by workers doing a road widening project.

ADVERTISEMENT

Authorities said the victim was transported to the Samar Provincial Hospital, but the attending doctor declared him dead on arrival.

Personnel from the Samar Electric Company have removed the live wire to avoid similar incidents.

FEATURED STORIES

lzb
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Catbalogan City, electrocution
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.