Pagasa: LPA to induce rain in many parts of PH on Monday
MANILA, Philippines — Overcast skies and scattered rains will prevail over most of the country on Monday due to the low pressure area (LPA) off Camarines Norte, the state weather bureau said in its early morning forecast.
According to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa), the LPA was last monitored 100 kilometers east of Daet, Camarines Norte.
“Ngayong araw, dahil sa LPA, malaking bahagi ng ating bansa ay inaasahan natin na may mga pag-ulan,” Pagasa weather specialist Aldczar Aurelio noted.
(Rain is expected in many parts of the country due to the LPA.)
He pointed out, however, that the bureau’s latest analysis shows slim chances of the LPA progressing into a storm within the next 24 to 48 hours.
Pagasa particularly advised residents from the following areas in Luzon to prepare for LPA-induced rains throughout the day:
- Bicol Region
- Occidental Mindoro
- Oriental Mindoro
Aurelio similarly warned about the same weather conditions in the entire Visayas region.
“Dahil sa LPA, ang buong Kabisayaan, inaasahan natin ang maulap na kalangitan na may kalat-kalat na pag-ulan at thunderstorms,” he stressed.
(Isolated rains and thunderstorms due to the LPA are expected in the entire Visayas.)
Generally fair weather, on the other hand, is expected in Metro Manila and the rest of the country, according to Pagasa.
Aurelio, however, said isolated rain showers brought about by localized thunderstorms may still be experienced especially in the afternoon to evening.
The state weather bureau also outlined the range of temperature in these cities and areas on Monday:
- Metro Manila — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 16 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 20 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.