No LPA, but ITCZ to bring rain in Mindanao, says Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — While no low pressure area is being monitored in the country, the state weather bureau said most of Mindanao will have overcast skies and scattered rain on Friday due to the intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ).
In an early morning forecast, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) noted that ITCZ-induced weather conditions will be felt in the following areas:
- Caraga — Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur
- Northern Mindanao — Bukidnon, Camiguin, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental
- Zamboanga Peninsula — Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay
- Davao Region — Davao de Oro, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao Occidental, Davao Oriental
- SOCCSKSARGEN — Cotabato, Sarangani, South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
Pagasa weather specialist Benison Estareja also warned residents in these areas to be alert for possible flash floods or landslides in the event of severe thunderstorms.
The state weather bureau added that generally fair weather will persist in the rest of the country, but isolated rains may still be encountered from afternoon to evening.
“Dito sa Luzon and Visayas, pinagsamang init at mga saglit na ulan pa rin ang mararanasan dulot ng easterlies at localized thunderstorms,” Estareja stressed.
(A combination of hot weather and brief rainfall will be experienced in Luzon and Visayas due to easterlies and thunderstorms.)
There is also a low chance for a tropical cyclone to hit the country until the end of June, Estareja added.
Meanwhile, Pagasa listed the expected temperature range in key cities and areas in the Philippines on Friday:
- Metro Manila — 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Baguio — 17 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag — 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao — 25 to 35 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi — 27 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa — 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay — 22 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands — 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu — 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban — 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan de Oro — 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao — 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.