MMDA to motorists: Check alternate routes as several roads undergo reblocking
MANILA, Philippines — The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has advised motorists to check and use alternate routes this coming weekend as several portions of major thoroughfares will undergo reblocking.
According to posts from MMDA’s social media page on Friday, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will conduct reblocking over the following roads starting 11 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday, May 30:
- EDSA Santolan-San Juan southbound (innermost lane/ bus lane) from Santolan-Annapolis MRT Station going to V.V. Soliven Driveway
- EDSA Quezon City northbound and southbound after P. Tuazon Avenue, service road beside sidewalk, fronting Cubao Farmers (2nd lane of bus lane)
- EDSA Quezon City northbound and southbound lane before and after Kamuning Road (2nd lane from sidewalk)
- EDSA southbound corner Arayat beside center island
- C-5 northbound (1st lane) after McKinley Road
- C-5 southbound (2nd lane) after Makati City
- Times Street, Quezon City, corner West Avenue (in front of Kowloon House)
- Commonwealth Avenue Quezon City Zuzuareggui Street fronting Diliman Preparatory School (1st lane from sidewalk)
- EDSA Quezon City southbound service road 1st block South Avenue intersection, from sidewalk corner South Avenue to Kamuning Road
- C.P. Garcia Avenue Quezon City fronting UP-Ayala TBI
- C-5 Pasig City along Pasig Boulevard, southbound in front of Botikang Pinoy, and along Doña Julia Vargas westbound near Sitel building
Traffic flow may be heavy on these particular areas once repair of the road starts.
“The DPWH will undertake reblocking and repairs, on the following roads starting 11pm, tonight, May 27 until 5am of May 30. Motorists are advised to take alternate routes,” MMDA said.
ADVISORY: The DPWH will undertake reblocking and repairs, on the following roads starting 11pm, tonight, May 27 until 5am of May 30. Motorists are advised to take alternate routes. #mmda pic.twitter.com/Sud12f1PVq
— Official MMDA (@MMDA) May 27, 2022