May 26 will be hot and humid in PH, says Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — Hot and humid weather could be expected across the country on Thursday although chances of rain remain due to localized thunderstorms, the state weather service said.
Weather specialist Daniel James Villamil said: “Sa Luzon mainit at maalinsangang panahon ang ating mararanasan bukod na lamang sa panandaliang buhos ng ulan na dala ng localized thunderstorms sa dakong hapon o sa gabi.”
(In Luzon we will experience hot and humid weather apart from the short -lived downpour brought by localized thunderstorms in the afternoon or evening.)
Similar weather conditions was seen to prevail over the entire Visayas and Mindanao regions.
Villamil also said they were not monitoring any low pressure area (LPA) at the moment.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) likewise forecast the following temperature range in key cities/areas nationwide for Thursday:
- Metro Manila: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 17 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 24 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 30 degrees Celsius
Meanwhile, Pagasa did not raise any gale warning over the country’s seaboards since only slight to moderate sea conditions are expected throughout the Philippines’ coasts and in-land seas, according to Villamil.
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.