Southwest monsoon to bring rain over Palawan, Mindoro – Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — The southwest monsoon, locally known as “habagat,” will continue to bring rain and cloudy skies in the areas of Palawan and Mindoro on Tuesday, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said.
“Makikita natin na malaki pa rin ang tiyansa ng pagulan partikular na sa may Palawan at Mindoro provinces dulot ng southwest monsoon o hanging habagat, kaya’t asahan na magiging maulap ang kalangitan,” said Pagasa weather specialist Obet Badrina.
(We can see that there is still a high chance of rain, especially in Palawan and Mindoro provinces due to the southwest monsoon, so expect the sky to be cloudy.)
Meanwhile, the rest of Luzon will have relatively fairer weather with hotter conditions expected in the morning until noon, however, rain during the afternoon until evening could happen in the areas of Ilocos Region, Bataan, Zambales, Metro Manila and Calabarzon.
Generally fair weather is also forecast in the entire Visayas, while rain due to thunderstorms are expected in the afternoon and evening in Mindanao.
Badrina also said that No low pressure area (LPA) is currently being monitored by Pagasa.
“Ibig sabihin po maliit pa rin ‘yung tiyansa na magkaroon ng bagyo sa mga susunod na araw, dahil wala pa tayong namomonitor na anumang LPA o sama ng panahon,” he added.
(This means that the chances of a typhoon in the next few days are still small, as we have not yet monitored any LPA or bad weather.)
Listed below are temperature range in key cities/areas across the country for Tuesday:
- Metro Manila: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 24 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 21 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
Badrina also said that no gale warning is currently raised, but warned the public to be wary of thunderstorms which may make sea conditions more dangerous.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.