Duterte signs 5 new laws in last months of presidency
MANILA, Philippines — In his last months prior to stepping down from office, outgoing President Rodrigo Duterte has signed five new laws that renamed some schools and established offices of the Maritime Industry Authority.
Duterte signed the following laws on April 29, but was only released to the media on Monday:
- Republic Act No. 11760 creates the extension office of the Maritime Industry Authority in Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
- Republic Act No. 11761 converts the satellite office of the Maritime Industry Authority in Maasin City, Southern Leyte into an extension office
- Republic Act No. 11762 changes the name of Pinaglabanan High School in Goa, Camarines Sur to Pinaglabanan National High School
- Republic Act No. 11763 converts the Molmol Elementary School in Davao Occidental into an integrated school to be known as Mariano Anoy Sangay Integrated School
- Republic Act No. 11764 changes the name of Salin Elementary School in Bauko, Mountain Province to Talban P. Bitayan Elementary School.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.