Rain to continue in southern Mindanao due to LPA within ITCZ – Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — A low-pressure area within the intertropical convergence zone or ITCZ would continue to bring rain over areas in Mindanao, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) on Thursday.
Particularly, the state weather bureau said rain may be expected in Bangsamoro, Soccsksargen and Zamboanga Peninsula on Friday.
Pagasa weather specialist Raymond Ordinario said the LPA within the ITCZ was spotted 175 kilometers east of Davao City as of 3 p.m. Thursday.
“Patuloy pa nating inaasahan ang maulap na papawirin na may kalat-kalat na pagulan, pagkidlat [at] pagkulog diyan sa may southern portion ng Mindanao, which includes Bangsamoro Region, Soccsksargen, at itong Zamboanga Peninsula dahil sa epekto ng ITCZ at LPA,” said Ordinario.
(We continue to expect cloudy skies with scattered rain, lightning, and thunder there in the southern portion of Mindanao, which includes the Bangsamoro Region, Soccsksargen, and the Zamboanga Peninsula due to the ITCZ and LPA.)
The rest of Mindanao and the entire Visayas, on the other hand, would experience generally fair weather with possible rain by Friday afternoon and evening.
Meanwhile, the whole island of Luzon may see generally fair weather, with hot and humid conditions during the day and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening.
Despite the presence of an LPA, Ordinario said that no storms are expected to enter or form within the Philippine area of responsibility over the next three to five days.
No gale warning was also raised in the country’s surrounding seaboards and in-land seas.
Pagasa then issued the following temperature range in key cities/areas or Friday:
- Metro Manila: 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 17 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 25 to 34 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 25 to 35 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 22 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.