Fair weather over PH on April 14, Maundy Thursday – Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — Weather will be fair in general throughout the country on Thursday, the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical and Astronomical Services (Pagasa) said.
The state weather bureau’s forecast came as the country’s first tropical depression (international name: Megi), locally named Agaton, hit the country in the past days.
“Sa Luzon asahan natin na magpapatuloy ang fair weather, bukod na lang sa mga localized thunderstorms na maaaring mangyari sa hapon o gabi,” Pagasa weather specialist Daniel VIllamil said in a weather report.
(In Luzon, expect that fair weather will continue aside from some localized thunderstorms which may occur by late afternoon or evening.)
“Sa Visayas at Mindanao magpapatuloy din ang maaliwalas at maalinsangang panahon. So for the next few days po ay asahan natin na magcclear up na ang ating papawirin, maliban na lang sa pulo-pulong pagulan,” he added.
(In the Visayas and Mindanao, clear and warm weather will also continue. So for the next few days we can expect our skies to clear up, except for the isolated rain showers.)
On Typhoon Malakas, which was locally named “Basyang” during its brief stay within the Philippine area of responsibility (PAR), Pagasa said it was spotted 1,629 kilometers east of Northern Luzon on Wednesday afternoon – further moving away from the country.
Meanwhile, Pagasa issued the following forecast temperature range in key cities/areas for Thursday, April 14:
- Metro Manila: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 23 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 25 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 22 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 24 to 27 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 23 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 26 to 30 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 24 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 24 to 28 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 23 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
No gale warning was raised over any part of the country’s seaboards, according to Pagasa. However, it added, that moderate to rough seas may be expected on the eastern coast of the country due to the trough of the typhoon outside PAR.
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.