Bongbong Marcos meets with more provincial governors | Inquirer News
Close  

Bongbong Marcos meets with more provincial governors

/ 10:07 AM April 11, 2022
bongbong marcos governors meeting

Presidential candidate and former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. in a meeting with several provincial governors.

MANILA, Philippines — Less than a month before the national elections, presidential candidate and former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. recently held another meeting with several provincial governors.

The meeting was held on Sunday night at Marcos’ campaign headquarters in Mandaluyong City and was attended by 15 governors. Those who attended the meeting were:

ADVERTISEMENT

  1. Danilo Suarez of Quezon
  2. Rodito Albano of Isabela
  3. Hermilando Mandanas of Batangas
  4. Arthur Yap of Bohol
  5. Dax Cua of Quirino
  6. Susan Yap of Tarlac
  7. Jose Riano of Romblon
  8. Florencio Miraflores of Aklan
  9. Philip Tan of Misamis Occidental
  10. Eduardo Gadiano Mindoro Occidental
  11. Alexander Pimentel of Surigao del Sur
  12. Bonifacio Lacwasan of Mountain Province
  13. Suharto Mangudadatu of Sultan Kudarat
  14. Bai Mariam Mangudadatu of Maguindanao
  15. Former Gov. Jun Ynares III of Rizal (representing Gov. Rebecca Ynares)

Last week, Marcos also met with 10 governors who are backing his presidential bid.

FEATURED STORIES

Among those who attended the first meeting were Governors Imelda Dimaporo of Lanao del Norte; Francisco Emmanuel Ortega III, of La Union; Nancy Catamco of Cotabato; Esteban Evan Contreras of Capiz; Damian Mercado of Southern Leyte; Ferdinand Tubban of Kalinga, Joy Bernos of Abra, Jerry Dalipog of Ifugao and Camiguin gubernatorial bet Rep. Xavier Jesus Romualdo.

According to Marcos, vote protection as well as concerns and priority programs in their respective provinces were tackled during his first meeting with the governors.

The first meeting, which happened on April 3, coincided with the second Comelec-sponsored presidential debate.

Marcos did not attend the said debate.

“Vote protection, yun ang aming napagusapan para makatiyak tayo na maganda ang takbo ng halalan. Mabilang lahat ng boto at hindi magka-problema,” Marcos said.

In a press statement, the Marcos camp claimed that 73 of the 81 governors in the country are now backing his presidential bid.

It cites a previous remark made by Narvacan mayor Chavit Singson who serves as the president of the League of Municipalities of the Philippines.

“Yung sinabi ni Chavit (Singson) na almost 90 percent ng governors are already for Bongbong. Totoo yun. Right now we have a new President,” Quezon Governor Danilo Suarez was quoted as saying in the press statement.

“I don’t see any unprecedented event that can hamper the victory of Bongbong,” Suarez added.

gsg

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #2022candidates, #2022elections, Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr., governors
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.