Gov’t places more areas under COVID-19 Alert Level 1 from April 9-15
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine government has placed more areas under COVID-19 Alert Level 1, the least restrictive in the five-tiered system being implemented in the country, from April 9 -15, Malacañang announced Friday.
Acting presidential spokesman Martin Andanar said the addition of more places on alert level 1 was approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
From April 9-15, the following areas will be under COVID-19 Alert Level 1:
- Mountain Province
- Southern Leyte
- Misamis Oriental
- Buguias in Benguet
- Atimonan and Tiaong in Quezon province
- Santa Magdalena in Sorsogon
- City of Masbate in Masbate province
- Batad and Zarraga in Iloilo
- City of Talisay in Cebu
- Javier (Bugho) and La Paz in Leyte
- Maslog in Eastern Samar
- Paranas (Wright) in Western Samar
- Linamon in Lanao del Norte
- Calamba in Misamis Occidental
- Padada in Davao del Sur
- Sibagat in Agusan del Sur
- Tubajon and Cagdianao in Dinagat Islands
Andanar said areas not on the above list should retain their respective COVID-19 alert levels until April 15.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.