5-hour curfew still up in Cagayan de Oro despite risk level downgrade
ILIGAN CITY––Even as its COVID-19 risk classification was downgraded starting March 1 to Alert Level 1, a five-hour curfew is still in force in Cagayan de Oro City, the capital of the Northern Mindanao region.
Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno said he would await the trend in infections within the week and decide about the curfew.
“It doesn’t follow that because we’re on Alert Level 1 we are already out of the woods, that we don’t have any more problems,” Moreno said.
“There should be no room for complacency. The Alert Level 1 declaration is only experimental to see if the people can protect themselves while resuming their routines,” Moreno added.
The city experienced a surge of infections last January after the Christmas break, reaching more than a hundred a day. The daily increase in cases dipped to below 30 since two weeks ago.
The curfew, a remnant of the surge last year, is from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.