INQUIRER.net wins award for big support to DSWD
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has conferred a PaNata (Pagkilala sa Natatanging Kontribusyon sa Bayan) Award to INQUIRER.net for being the Most DSWD-Supportive Online News Website for 2021.
INQUIRER.net Online Publisher/Editor in Chief Abelardo S. Ulanday received the award during rites held Monday at the Malasakit Auditorium at the DSWD Central Office in Batasan Hills, Quezon City.
The 2021 PaNata ko sa Bayan Awards is held every year by the agency in recognition of efforts by media organizations to report on the programs and activities of DSWD aimed at providing support and assistance to Filipinos hit hard by disasters, calamities, armed conflicts and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Aside from INQUIRER.net, the agency also conferred awards to Manila Bulletin as most supportive newspaper, PTV 4 as most supportive TV station, dZBb as most supportive radio station, and Charissa Luci of the Manila Bulletin as most supportive beat reporter.
The other recipients of awards given by the DSWD are:
Salamat Po Award for donor/partner international organization:
- Consuelo Alger Foundation
- United Nations-World Food Programme
- Government of the People’s Republic of China
- World Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- United Nations Children’s Fund (Unicef)
- DFAT – Australian Embassy
Salamat Po Award for donor/partner local organization
- Lord of the Heaven Ministries, Unchanging Hope in a Challenging World
- Philippine Coast Guard
- Philippine National Police
- 51st Air Force Group Reserve
- Visayas Command
- Bureau of Fire Protection
- Cebu Pacific Air
- Philseven Foundation, Incorporated
- Ronald McDonald’s House of Charities of the Philippines, Incorporated
Best Foster Parent — Mr. and Mrs. Romer and Julie Añover (FO VI)
Best Volunteer Individual — Maj. Richard Anthony Rivera PAFR
Best Volunteer Group — Pogo Women’s Association (FO CAR)
- San Roque Power Foundation, Inc.
- Children International (Bicol), Inc.
- Signpost Philippines Inc.
Award for New Social Technology — Mendi-CAMP Anti-Mendicancy Program of San Fernando City, Pampanga (FO III)
Local government units which implemented outstanding quality of services for their constituents were also cited and given the GAPAS (Gawad Paglilingkod sa Sambayanan) Award. They are:
- SLP Microenterprise Model — LGU of Calinog, Iloilo City
- SLP Employment Facilitation — LGU of Cabatuan, Iloilo City
- Day Care Services — CSWDO, City Government of Davao
- Implementing KALAHI-CIDSS — LGU of Pandan, Catanduanes
- Implementing 4Ps — LGU of Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija
- Protective Programs and Services — LGU of Baliuag, Bulacan
- Good Convergence Initiative — LIFT of Nampicuan, Nueva Ecija
- Best People’s Organization — National Federation of Day Care Workers of the Philippines Incorporated (NFDCWPI), Pampanga Chapter.
Batangas State University was also a recipient of the Gawad Serbisyo Award.
In his address, DSWD Secretary Rolando Joselito Bautista exhorted the awardees for rendering services to the department through their own efforts at helping implement social amelioration programs that helped and assisted the marginalized sector in society.
Bautista also urged them to continue being partners of the DSWD in its quest to achieve its goals. He also cited the high ratings that the agency continues to receive based on surveys.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.